This fall-inspired, easy-to-make batch cocktail recipe created by ASW Distillery's Tasting Room Manager, Hallie Stieber, is just perfect for serving on Thanksgiving!
We recommend using ASW's Duality Double Malt for this Southern spin on an old fashioned. Simmer pecans in maple syrup infused with orange peel & a cinnamon stick, then simply combine whiskey with your homemade syrup & a few dashes of Angostura bitters, the enjoy on the rocks.
This recipe makes 8 drinks.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) ASW’s Duality Double Malt
- 3/4 tsp Angostura bitters
1. MAKE SPICED MAPLE SYRUP
- Peel orange
- In a pot, combine maple syrup & water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low
- Add cinnamon stick, salt, most of the orange peels (reserve a few pretty ones for garnish) & pecans, then cook for 5 min
- Remove from heat & strain syrup into a container, reserving syrup and discarding solids
- NOTE: syrup can be made in advance and kept in airtight container in the fridge for up to a month
2. MAKE COCKTAIL
- To make 8 drinks, combine whiskey, 1/4 cup (4 oz) syrup & all bitters in a pitcher and stir to combine
- Cut or slice reserved orange peels into 8 pieces
- Pour into rocks glasses over ice, garnish with orange peel, and enjoy!