Get the whole family involved & celebrate Valentine's Day with this oh-so-sweet & adorable kit! Sprinkle puff pastry with homemade raspberry sugar for a pretty pink hue, then slice & shape into little hearts. Bake 'til golden & caramelized, then finish with a delicate drizzle of homemade icing & sprinkle with crushed freeze-dried raspberries for a festive look. This blog will give you step-by-step instructions for shaping your palmiers!
1. Spread HALF of your raspberry sugar on a work surface–this is messy, so doing this on a baking sheet is helpful!
2. Unfold puff pastry and place directly on raspberry sugar.
3. Spread remaining raspberry sugar onto surface of puff pastry, coating the pastry evenly and pressing to adhere sugar to top and bottom surfaces.
4. Fold one of the long sides inward, then the other, so that they meet in the middle.
5. Repeat this fold one more time on each side so that they meet in the middle again.
6. Fold in half one last time so that the edges form a "book" and your dough is in one long roll.
7. Cut 1/2" off each end and discard so that the edges are even.
8. Cut 1/2" slices from your "book" and carefully place about 2" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Once all of your palmiers are in place, shape them into hearts; press the tops to make them a bit rounder, then pinch the bottom 1/4”–1/2” of the palmiers to make the point of the heart.
10. Voilà! Your perfect little hearts will go straight into the oven and then you'll drizzle them with your homemade icing.