Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, and you'll need a cocktail to go with the taco and taquito kits we're delivering this weekend! This is our favorite way to make a margarita--hope you enjoy it!
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Chili powder & salt, for the rim
- 1 lime
- 2 jalapeño peppers, cut into coins
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 8 oz blanco tequila
- 2 Tbsp agave
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
SALTING THE RIM
- Mix equal parts chili powder and salt and spread into an even, thin layer on a small plate
- Cut the lime in half, then cut one half into wedges and slice the other half into thin rounds (these will be used for garnish)
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each glass to get it slightly wet, then dip the rim into the chili & salt mixture on the plate
- Fill each glass with ice and set aside
MAKING THE DRINK
- Place half of the jalapeño coins in a shaker, add orange juice, then muddle (if you don't have a muddler you can use the back end of a wooden spoon)
- Add a handful of ice, tequila, agave & lime juice, close tightly, and shake vigorously for at least 30 sec
- Strain into the prepared glasses, garnish with lime slices & remaining jalapeño coins, and enjoy!